Hello Geeks, Freaks, and those who jive to other beats
In the future, not only will we drive flying cars and be able talk to anyone in the would via a small hand held device… But best of all, Geek Sunday will be at a new and BETTER location!
Geek Sundays are from 1-6PM at our home in San Jose. Our new place has an extra large hacker space (AKA: 2 car garage), and a spot for the Sunny Bus in the backyard for play and Sunny Cinema nights. I could go on and on about the new digs but you will just have to see…
Dates for Geek Sundays for 2012, Pre-Burn:
- Aug 5
- Aug 19
So what kind of Geek’n is planned for this year’s fun?
- The Foundry: I want to be firing that thing up every time and casting some sweet aluminum art or parts… Here is a clip (thanks Twisty) from April 15th
- Bottle cutting/making tumblers, light housing and other glass goodies: we are now in Version 3.5 with a streamlined process having much better results!
- Bottle/Glass etching and sandblasting: Add some sweet patterns to your glassware.Here is a video (thanks Twisty) of Pickle teaching Dazzle! how to use the sandblaster to decorate a bottle she cut – April 15th.
- CNC building: I have been hacking away at a 4′x4′ CNC that can use either a router for cutting wood/foam/E-PVC -or- a plasma head for cutting metal.
- CNC use: Build something in CAD (or draw it by hand and scan) then cut or rout it out on the CNC machine.
- BarBot 1.0: (as if I have all this time) I will be working to build a BarBot to compete/show at the local BarBot events…Boooze and Robots!!! it could only be better with if we added Fire and Bacon (humm idea)
- Arduino and electronics: This was more of the original scope of Geek Night and I would like to see more of it, I may hold a SIG during the week to dig in to this a bit more with others interested.
- Wearable light-up clothing – make light up bras, vests, pants, you name it! Don’t be a Darkwad and make your own light up stuff so people can find you in the dark. Ever tried finding someone wearing a lightstick? Ya, it’s like a Where’s Waldo puzzle. Make your own stuff and people can’t miss you in a dark crowd!
- Church Of Silk: We will most likely continue to host our famous silk tie workshop on some of the dates listed as well…
- You and whatever it is you want to do! Geek Sunday is a place for you and your crafty ideas/projects so bring ‘em!
Input, desires, and other comments? hit me up..
Warning and waving of rights to legal claims.